Monday 5 September 2016

East Barnet Festival 2016

I don't seem to have many pictures from this year's East Barnet Festival although I was there on the Saturday and Sunday. The weather wasn't bad - mostly dry which made a nice change. There were one of two showers on the Saturday though.
There were loads of bands on over the weekend - covering a wide variety of musical styles, so there really was something for everybody. There was the usual funfair, and loads of other attractions like food and craft stalls, a dog show, and a car show. On the Saturday I was a bit busy and missed some of the acts, although I did manage to check out the beer tent. Quite thoroughly. And also the pub after the festival had finished for the day...

To be honest I can't remember all the bands over the weekend. The Faith Stealers were good as usual but I was otherwise engaged and couldn't get any pictures of them. I missed The Fraudsters somehow as well.
I'm afraid I can't remember who these guys were.
 Or these. All the bands I saw were good though.
One of the weekend's better acts was a young and female fronted band called Front Rumours. Young but good musicians playing quite commercial pop music and a singer who could have a bright future ahead of her.
There was also Barnet's 'most infamous band' Binge Drinking making their third appearance at the festival. They cranked out some good old rock 'n' roll - and that always goes down well.
Well known local acts like Tim Leffman appeared again, and singer Kerrie Masters added to the flavour and variety of the event. Sunday's headline act were The Trembling Wilburys - a very professional tribute act - appearing to have George Best replacing George Harrison! There were popular with the crowd though.
Overall it was a great weekend and I think it's fair to say a good time was had by all. Even the weather was OK! Same time next year then?

To the pub....

No comments:

Post a Comment