Sunday 13 July 2014

August 2009 - Ranting and stuff...

SubjectTemporary holding blog... (and rants!)
DateCreated9/22/2009 1:56:00 PM
PostedDate7/31/2009 3:58:00 PM

Sorry I've been so slow blogging recently - I've got quite a backlog to post! I've just been up to my eyes in it recently and am now about a month and a half behind. Amazingly, according to the 'Views' counter people are still reading this shit even though I haven't posted anything for ages - oddly the views count has gone up in the last couple of days.  I've been trying to get my Sonisphere blog written for over a week - got the pictures down to a shortlist but haven't had time to edit them let alone write the bloody thing! As you can imagine, that blog will be a bit bigger than usual - assuming I can still remember much from that weekend after all this time!

Various other shit has been going on - lots of sorting, clearing out, chucking out, bonfires, etc at Dark Towers as I will be having to vacate my home of many years in the not too distant future. A load of stuff has been flogged on eBay, with more to follow. A car has been sold. Anyone want a cheap piano? I'm having to sell my motorcycles - one has gone already. 

My car has been in dock for weeks while the garage are (at great expense) fixing the brakes - meantime I have been forced to become 'Mondeo Man'.  Oh the shame! I'm skint. My printer has packed up (don't buy an Epson as I believe they have an internal counter programmed to make them pack up after a pre-set amount of pages) and Misco.co.uk have sent the new one I have ordered to the wrong address!  I seem to be having a week or so where nearly everything is going wrong and everyone I deal with is incompetent! 

My broadband is shite!  I'm paying Tiscali for 8 meg but only getting 3.5 meg at best. This is another reason I've having trouble getting things done online - everything takes so long!  Tiscali customer service is shit too. I keep getting put though to someone in India I can't understand - and they can't understand me either. At peak times it slows down to dial-up speed or stops completely! Or disconnects altogether. I'm only a mile or so from the exchange as well - not miles away out in the sticks. I suspect is because the phone line is shit quality and whichever ISP I use the connection will still be crap. Does anyone have wireless broadband? Is it any good? How is the speed? Is it reliable? Again, I suppose it depends where you live. Maybe things will be better when I move...

At least I'm still working - could be worse I guess.

I am still going to gigs - I just can't find the time to blog about them at the moment. I may be skint, but I have to get out of Dark Towers now and then (and see my friends) or I will go stir crazy.

I might get my next proper blog done by the weekend. Then again, I thought that a week ago. Lots more gig blogs in the pipeline. Got to get a load of eBay stuff packed and posted first though - when I eventually get my new printer - currently spending it's second night in a courier depot thanks to Misco's incompetence. 

Yes, I'm pretty pissed off at the moment! 
PS: The Garage responsible for taking a huge amount of money off me while ruining the brakes on my car was Shaftesbury Garage of New Barnet - their incompetence is mind boggling! It took them weeks to fix my brakes - they had been working fine before, but have never been the same since. If you live in the Barnet area DO NOT ever take your car there - I have never used anywhere so completely useless! I wouldn't even trust them to change a wheel. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment