Monday 21 July 2014

28/1/2010 The Crave @ the Purple Turtle

SubjectThe Crave @ the Purple Turtle
PostedDate1/28/2010

Another gig I ended up going to at short notice. I saw The Crave at Sonisphere
and was impressed - one of the best new bands I've seen in a while. I was vaguely
aware of this gig, but had forgotten about it due to being pretty busy with a lot of
other things at the moment. Then when I found out about this show on the day, it
coincided with my plans to move apparently coming crashing down in flames, so
I felt like getting out of the house and drowning my sorrows for the night.  So I
find myself at the Purple Turtle, not expecting it to be that busy. Wrong!  It's a
four band bill and the place is busier than I've seen it for a long time. Lots of
familiar faces and it's like going back a couple of years to when there used to be
regular nights of quality rock bands at the this venue. 

There is quite a good band playing when I arrive - The Mercy House I think.
They seem to have a bit of a following anyway, as do The Crave who are on last.

From the minute they start their first song they sound a distinct cut above most
other bands around - very classy. Good songs and musicianship.

If the singer keeps changing his hairstyle so often he's bound to find a decent one
eventually - who knows, that might just be the final ingredient to push The Crave
into stardom? In the meantime, this band perform really well and sound great - you
never know, they might just make it. Certainly ones to watch when they go out on
tour with Heaven's Basement soon - that will be a strong bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment