Sunday 13 July 2014

25/7/2009 Shush @ Centro

SubjectShush @ Centro
PostedDate7/25/2009

A different venue to check out tonight, and a new one to me. Centro is tucked away in
West Central Street and not the easiest place to find. However, it's worth seeking out
as it's free on this occasion and Shush are playing. I think Komodo Rock are the
promoters behind this gig. It's more of a club venue than a live music venue, but it's
certainly better than a few places I've been. It's a reasonable size with good service
from a bar that much to my surprise stocks Newcastle Brown!  However, I am less
pleased when I find out it's £4 a bottle - still cheaper than the Underworld though! 
Another downer is that there is an attendant in the toilet - everybody hates these
fuckers and I'm sure a lot of people who would otherwise have washed their hands
rush past without doing so just to get away from these creepy guys as quickly as possible. 

There are several bands on so it would have been good value for money even if we
had to pay a fiver to get in. I can't remember the name of the first band but they were
OK.

Sorry for the shite quality phone pics, but you'll just have to put up with it
while we have the odd summer night that's actually warm.

Next were Riot Noise. They played well enough but failed to really impress
me with any of their songs. 


Shush are always good, and tonight was no exception - although the sound
quality wasn't that amazing.

They had Simon Gonk back on drums for tonight which is always a bonus!

Certainly not a bad night - especially for free. 
PS: The first band were Starscream.

No comments:

Post a Comment