Sunday 13 July 2014

23/7/2009 Cherry Brakewells @ Zenith Bar

SubjectCherry Brakewells @ Zenith Bar
PostedDate7/23/2009

I find myself heading off to see the Cherry Brakewells again - in Islington this time.
The Zenith Bar turns out to be a pub really, but it's not a bad place. It's free to get in
on this 'Chicks Rock!!' night and it soon becomes apparent that it is in fact a gay night -
with blokes supposedly there by invitation only. No one seems bothered though, and
the atmosphere is good and the drinks reasonably priced.

The Cherry Brakewells play well and are certainly appreciated by the club's clientelle.

The band are obviously enjoying themselves, and the sound mix is surpisingly good for
such a basic setup - well worth a trip out on a Thursday night.


Next on the bill is Sharron Levy who I missed when she played first on the bill with the
Cherrys at The Gaff a few weeks ago.

Her solo acoustic seems quite good, although not really my thing and I miss most of it
while chatting to the Cherrys outside. Still, it's been an interesting night with a good
vibe and I'd certainly come to another 'Chicks Rock!!' night if there was a band playing
I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment