Monday 21 July 2014

20/12/2009 Cavilry, Shush & The Loyalties @ The Gaff/12Bar

SubjectCavilry, Shush & The Loyalties @ The Gaff/12Bar
PostedDate12/20/2009

A busy night about town for me - starting off at The Gaff. I dropped in to see Cavilry and had no idea who else was playing. On arrival I found a rather goth looking band on stage. If you think you can tell what they sound like from how they look - you are probably right!

Actually, they weren't bad. Unfortunately I can't remember what they were called, but I think it was something to do with vampires. [edit: B-Movie Vampires] Worth seeing again sometime I think.

Cavilry were on next with their punky Wildhearts and Therapy? influenced hard rock. They sounded good and were armed with some catchy songs - certainly worth catching.


I didn't realise until I arrived at The Gaff that Selfish were on the bill as well as a last minute addition. I would have like to have stayed to watch them, but I'd already promised I'd be at the 12 Bar Club later - besides which, I'd only seen this band recently at The Gaff anyway...

Fortunately, the 12 Bar Club is quite easy to get to from The Gaff and I was soon there. Shush were excellent as usual. Nice new guitar Andy - looks and sounds better than your other ones! The band featured a special guest tonight - Alex Kane from AntiProduct played lead guitar on a song or two. You can spot him behind Milena doing a Rob Wylde impression with his headband. 

Shush didn't finish playing until after midnight and I was lucky to have time to catch part of The Loyalties set of tuneful punk 'n' roll before rushing off to catch the last tube - it's far too bloody cold for standing about waiting for night buses!

I wasn't as bothered as I normally would have been about missing part of the Loyalties set as I knew would be seeing them again in a couple of days anyway...
PS: The Gaff has since shut and the 12 Bar Club is currently under threat of redevelopment...

No comments:

Post a Comment