Monday 21 July 2014

1/2/2010 Skintight Jaguars @ The Gaff

SubjectSkintight Jaguars @ The Gaff
PostedDate2/1/2010

I seem to be at The Gaff quite a lot these days, but it's easy to get to and home from 24/7 as well as being cheap.  Monday nights are particularly cheap at this venue as it's the Big Easy club with free admission and around 3 bands, plus cheap drinks - what other music venue has pints for £2?  And it also helps that the various promoters at The Gaff tend to put more of the bands on that I actually want to see compared with other venues - it's all good. 

Tonight local lads Skintight Jaguars are playing.

This band score 10 for rock 'n' roll attitude, and their songwriting has improved noticably since they recorded their album 'The Curse'.


should have been home at a reasonable time as I actually left in plenty of time to catch the last tube for once.  However, I arrived at Holloway Road tube station to be informed that there were no trains due to a signal failure!  So I had to walk all the way back up the road, back past The Gaff and Big Red to the stop for the night bus. Only mine wasn't running yet because it was too bloody early!  After a wait in sub-zero temperatures I jumped on the N29 instead as that would take me halfway home. I was hoping by the time I got off either my bus or the tube would be running. Wrong on both counts.  At the tube station they had now changed their excuse for no trains to a 'broken rail'. Whichever (if any) was true, it's still yet another unnecessary long,cold, and miserable journey home caused by years of shoddy maintenance.  Another long wait in the freezing cold and I ended up having to get on a bus to New Barnet - which still left me with a cold 15 minute walk instead of a couple of minutes from the tube station.  Which all left me thinking during my long, cold, and miserable journey that I've really had enough of all this...
PS: This venue is now shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment