Sunday 13 July 2014

11/7/2009 (not The Glitterati) Eights 'N' Aces @ The Hope & Anchor

Subject(not The Glitterati) Eights 'N' Aces @ The Hope & Anchor
PostedDate7/11/2009

was planning to go and see The Glitterati at the newly refurbished Garage tonight, but
for some reason the management decided to put the headline band on at the
ridiculously early time of 9.00 - when I arrived the security guy on the door told me
they were just starting their last song! I decided to save my money and walk down the
road to the Hope & Anchor to see Eights 'N' Aces instead...

I haven't seen this lot for a while, so it's good to check them out at a venue with decent
beer - something the Hope & Anchor scores well on. Eights 'N' Aces frontman Jason is
still rocking the 'Josh Lennon' look, but there has been a change in the band since I last
saw them - a new drummer.

The new sticksman has given the band a new lease of life - he is very energetic and
really drives things along with a hardhitting style that changes the band up a gear. It
will be interesting to see where the new lineup takes this revitalised band...

No comments:

Post a Comment