Wednesday 4 June 2014

4/11/2008 Cavilry & Bundle Of ID @ Camden Rock

SubjectCavilry & Bundle Of ID @ Camden Rock
PostedDate11/4/2008

This is the last Pure Rawk promotions Showcase Night for the time being, although they will hopefully be back in the New Year at a different venue. I miss the first couple of acts as I don't feel much like rushing after a day at work as I no longer enjoy spending time at Camden Rock (formerly Bar Monsta). I used to like this venue and have had many great nights here over the past couple of years, but it's been progressively ruined over the last few months.  The revolting new green paint so doesn't go with the red lighting, and if I liked pissing in public I'd go and live in France.  The place still reeks of fresh paint and it just isn't a nice place to be - the only good thing is the recently reduced bar prices. Fortunately, the bar's main promoter Mick Monsta is moving his operations to new venues after December - the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I don't arrive in time to see the acoustic set from ex-Renegade Playboy Dave Winkler,  and I also miss Ferocity Lights who are a new name to me.

Cavilry turn out to be quite decent. The are quite hard and heavy sounding, with some of those unfashionable 'guitar solo' things thrown in to brighen things up. They have a few actual tunes as well so they are worth seeing.

Bundle Of ID are the last band on the bill.

They play well enough, but veer a bit too far in the direction of 'emo' for my tastes so fail to really connect with me on any level. Soon after they finish playing the shite house music starts, so although the bar is still open us rockers are driven out by this and all pervading reek of fresh paint. Fortunately the World's End is still open so I take refuge in there for a decent pint before heading home.
PS: It was around this time that the former Bar Monsta (which was cool) became 'Camden Rock' and went downhill rapidly...

No comments:

Post a Comment