Friday 30 May 2014

29/10/2008 - Part 1. The Berettas @ Punk

SubjectThe Berettas @ Punk
PostedDate10/29/2008

I'm here to see Shush and Brijitte West with her new band and don't know who else is on the bill when I arrive. Punk isn't a venue I am keen on - I seem to have been spending far too much time recently going to places with shite bars and creepy toilet attendants, and this is another one.  The evening doesn't get off to a good start when I find that the only beer they have on tap (poncey overpriced lager) is off. I am reduced to drinking bottled Magners - which is weak and watery enough before the bar staff start chucking ice in the glass to dilute it.  Needless to say, it's at west end rip-off prices so I decide not to drink much. This will have the added benefit of cutting down visits to the toilet and it's annoying attendants as well as saving money. However, it not all bad.

The all girl band playing when I arrive turn out to be rather good.

I have no idea this band is, but I find out later that they are The Berettas.

They are quite a lively band, and I'm glad to got here early enough to see them.

The Berettas certainly get the evening off to a fine start, and it's looking to be a good bill of female fronted rock bands...

No comments:

Post a Comment