Sunday 30 March 2014

3/11/2007 Kill Cartel @ Nambucca

SubjectKill Cartel @ Nambucca
PostedDate11/3/2007

Back down the well worn path to Holloway Road - I seem to have been there far more than Camden over the past few weeks. This time the venue is Nambucca to see Kill Cartel. This is the new band that has risen phoenix like from the ashes of the Roolettes. After much musical chairs (and drum stools) with various members passing through the band it has now evolved into Kill Cartel.
This new incarnation of the band is faster, tighter, harder, and meaner - a significant step forward.
The style is now less punk rock and more hard rock - the rough edges have been sanded down to produce a leaner more streamlined rock machine. An extra guitarist adds punch and dynamics.
This is effectively an all new band with brand new songs, and they mean business!

There were a couple of other bands on after, but the next band looked to have lots of teenage indie-pop type fans and the signs weren't good. I decided to head for the Intrepid Fox and maybe Decadence later. After an hour in the Intrepid Fox following some beers in Nambucca I realised that if I went on to Decadence things were likely to get very messy!  In spite of a fair maiden of my aquaintance and her efforts to persuade me to go to the club, I declined and stayed in The Fox until I had to abandon ship to catch the last tube around 12.30. Probably a wise decision. For once....
PS: Nambucca closed in early 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment