Wednesday 12 February 2014

2/3/2007 Vamps 'N' Gypsies @ Bar Monsta

SubjectVamps 'N' Gypsies @ Bar Monsta
PostedDate3/2/2007

Vamps 'N' Gypsies shows are something I always look forward to, and this one was pretty good - maybe even more fun than usual.  Unfortunately I missed the first couple of bands and only arrived a minute before Vamps 'N' Gypsies took to the stage. I was very pleased to discover that since my visit to Bar Monsta on Sunday they now have Newcastle Brown Ale behind the bar for the first time - a most welcome development and I wished I had made more of an effort to arrive earlier. 

Vamps 'N' Gypsies and their fans created a good atmosphere in this fairly intimate venue - this is a band who have a 'party' attitude at every gig and are determined to have a good time - and give everybody else a good evening's entertainment at the same time.

They always go all out to give a great show, but unlike some bands on the same scene there is substance behind their show as their songs stand above most of their peers.

They are good to watch too as there is always something happening on stage to keep your interest. This is one of the few bands I never seem to get tired of seeing.

In spite of arriving late in the evening, this was one of my most fun nights out in a while. 
This venue is now 'Camden Rock' - possibly the worst music venue in London. Avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment