Saturday 22 February 2014

Reposting old blogs - work in progress...

I'm having quite an interesting time rediscovering some of my old MySpace blog posts from years ago as I repost them in BlogSpot. I'm not reading all of them to be honest, and editing is minimal to non-existent as there is far much too wade through - many hundreds of gigs and thousands of pictures. I want to leave them untouched as far as possible - an honest record of events and what I thought of them at the time. Some spelling mistakes have been flagged up and corrected and some of the links no longer work - I suggest you try Google or Wikipedia if you want to find out more about certain more obscure or forgotten bands. I'm certainly finding a few bands I'd forgotten all about! Many have long since split, but some have gone on to bigger and better things - including one or two who I'd forgotten I'd seen before they started getting radio airplay.

Inevitably there are some mistakes - some of the dates might be out by a day or two. The 'Date Posted' is as far as possible the actual date of the gig rather than the date the post was originally made - I've edited that bit out as it's often a few days after the actual gig. I am finding a few shows sharing the same dates when this obviously wasn't possible. There are quite a few occasions where I did actually go to more than one gig on the same date though...

No comments:

Post a Comment