Tuesday 11 February 2014

4/2/2007 Thrown off the night bus!

SubjectThrown off the night bus!
PostedDate2/4/2007

Last night I managed to get thrown off the night bus. My Crime? I had a can of Newcastle Brown Ale in my hand. That was all. So being in possesion of beer on the bus is now ilegal? OK, I'll admit i was slightly drunk - but last time I checked that wasn't actually a crime.  If I'd been 'drunk & disorderly' then fair enough, but I wasn't. I'd been to see the Urban Voodoo Machine at Spitz,  then went to Garlic & Shots, and then Decadence before we left around chucking out time. It would have been rude not to drink the Newcastle Brown I'd been bought so I took it with me. So I thought my luck was in when the night bus arrived at the bus stop the same time as I did. I got on and swiped my oyster and waited for the bus to move off. It didn't. An alarm of some sort sounded - I didn't know why.  Moments later two policemen jumped on the bus and told me to get off. I asked why? They couldn't tell me - they just said it was down to the bus driver. They didn't say a word about the can of beer in my hand. I've never seen any signs on buses or at bus stops saying you aren't alowed to drink on buses - so what was this cunt's problem? I pointed out that I'd already swiped my oyster and paid for the journey although the bus hadn't actually moved. The coppers said I'd have to take that up with the bus company and threw me off regardless - in spite of my protests that it was four in the morning and I'd probably have to wait ages for another bus in the sub-zero temperature. I wasn't acting out of order, I didn't say a word to the bus driver or any of the other passengers - I wasn't acting lairy or anything, I wasn't in a mess or falling over, puking or anything - just minding my own business trying to go home after a good night out

Most the night bus drivers are OK - but some are cunts. I wonder if this was the same guy who shut the doors on me as I was halfway through them at the same bus stop a year or so ago, and the same guy who wouldn't stop his obviously only half full bus and drove straight past me at the same bus stop on another freezing midwinter night last year? Then there was the one who suddenly decided to turn his bus round halfway along the route 'cos he wanted to go home rather than going to the destination advertised on the sign on the front - that fucker left me stranded miles from home in the middle of the night! 
PS: This incident happened before the alcohol ban was introduced on London's public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment