Sunday 23 February 2014

21/7/2007 Lullaby Project & the Bitch Pistols

SubjectLullaby Project & the Bitch Pistols
PostedDate7/21/2007

Another multi-gig night, although less ambitious this time - only two venues.  I find myself at the Water Rats for the second Saturday night in a row - this time to see Lullaby Project.
Ex-Suffrajet Alex's new band seems to have a very flexible lineup - Laura has departed and for this show Tish from Honeykill is on bass duties. Jimi from Honeykill is playing drums once again - a change from his normal frontman duties.
The venue doesn't seem very full when the band start playing, but it soon fills up when people hear the noise and seem to like what they hear. Good tunes and good fun is what this band are about. 


Next I head deeper into the West End and find myself at the 12 Bar Club for the London Callin' club. It's well attended for promoter Barnet's birthday bash and the atmosphere is good. Unfortunately, I don't have time to stay to see Viva Las Vegas but I do get to the the Bitch Pistols - an all girl Sex Pistols tribute band.
They have to be seen to be believed and are a lot of fun!
I'm more used to seeing Bambi behind a drum kit with bands like Girls On Top and the Ramonas, but now she has stepped out from behind her drums to front a band for the first time - and I have to say she seems a natural. I shall certainly be looking out for this band again.

No comments:

Post a Comment