Wednesday 12 February 2014

20/2/2007 Honeykill @ Lark In The Park

SubjectHoneykill @ Lark In The Park
PostedDate2/20/2007

This was my first visit to Islington's Lark In The Park since it's recent refurbishment. One of London's more intimate venues has just got better - improvements have been made to the stage area, and the PA has been beefed up. The place is quite full and tonight's main band Honeykill have obviously drawn a good crowd. The band rise to the occasion and play an excellent set - my only criticism could be that it was too short.

The sound mix wasn't the best I've heard at this venue - the bass was a bit on the quiet side, and the keyboards all but inaudible. The guitars and vocals sounded strong and clear though. I'm told the sound on-stage was actually very good - which I'm sure contributed to the band's good overall performance.

This band continue to improve and their brand of QOTSA, Foo Fighters, and My Vitriol influenced rock continues to find a bigger audience.

Although Honeykill were the headline band tonight, they elected to go on earlier and leave the last slot to Big Num. Unfortunately it didn't work out so well for the final band as they had to play to a rather diminished crowd. It was as shame as they were actually rather good and I certainly warmed to their AC/DC styled sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment