Monday 27 January 2014

1/7/2006 Part 2. Vamps 'N' Gypsies & Decadence after...

SubjectVamps 'N' Gypsies & Decadence after... (part two)
PostedDate7/1/2006

This was a bit of a tricky show for Vamps 'N' Gypsies as England had just lost the football and got knocked out of the World Cup, so lots of pissed up and pissed off people around - also their regular drummer Jamie was away in the West Country. Fortunately I managed to find them another drummer at short notice -  enter stand in drummer Kev who managed to play the gig with no rehearsals whatsoever and just some MP3s to listen to beforehand. He did OK and the band didn't have to cancel the gig. It was fun! 


Next up were sleaze bandits Jack Viper who played to a good crowd and went down pretty well.

A surprise bonus later on was a set from Tattooed Millionaires - who were actually better than I was expecting after hearing some rather negative reports of their recent show at the Purple Turtle.

Then it was off to Decadence where a couple of the guys from Towers Of London were doing a DJ slot. They still hadn't started when we rolled into well after midnight. However, the effects of my boozing back at G-Lounge and then knocking back overprice JD & cokes eventually started to catch up with me....  I can't actually remember any of the music Rev and Snell from Towers played - but I'm sure it was good.  Later on I found myself wandering around the club wondering why people were staring at me in a funny way? Well I'm used to that actually, but they looked more shocked than usual.  Someone told me that I was covered in blood. I'm like "What blood?" I couldn't think of any reason for me to be covered in blood.  I looked down and my white T-shirt was splattered with it! I looking in the mirror in the toilet and saw blood was streaming down my face!  I can only assume that I fell over on the steps to the toilet and cut my head open on the metal treadplate on the steps. I had absolutely no recollection of falling down, or finding myself on the floor, or picking myself up. I was in no pain, and would have probably walked round with blood pouring out of me all night if it hadn't been pointed out to me. Anyway, after stopping the bleeding (more or less) in the toilet and cleaning myself up a bit I guess I must have decided it was time to go home - it was probably about 3.30 in the morning by then. I must have looked like some kind of maniac as I stagged through the streets of the West End, with a T-shirt splattered in blood and still bleeding a bit. I realised I must look in a bit of a state and wondered if they would let me on the night bus?  I've had half empty buses refuse to stop for me before when I've looked a bit the worse for wear.  I even had one cunt of a bus driver close the doors on me as I've actually been trying to get through them before - just because I looked a bit of a mess after eating one of those dodgy burgers from Charing Cross Road - I guess the red relish all over my face might have looked like blood - I wasn't even very drunk on that occasion. 

Fortunately, the bus turned up seconds after I arrived at the bus stop and it had one of the decent drivers who let me straight on. Every one in the street and on the bus was keeping well out of my way for some reason - I quite liked that!

Me in a state of disrepair on the night bus.
Well I say 'night bus' but it was around five in the morning by then and broad daylight....
Never been keen on the St Moritz - I love the club Decadence and the people, but don't like the current venue at all. I preferred it when it was at Gossips, and even SIN,  also that short lived venue in the lower part of Wardour St.

No comments:

Post a Comment