Sunday 26 January 2014

11/5/2006 A late night snack... (not for the squeamish)

SubjectA late night snack... (not for the squeamish)
PostedDate5/11/2006 4:56:00 PM

So it's about two in the morning and I'm about to go to bed. As I've been at home for most the week with some sort of stomach bug (I think whoever poisoned the Spurs team last weekend tested it on me first) I thought it might be healthy to have a bite to eat before hitting the sack. Some nice ripe Camembert has been sitting around in the kitchen for a few days so I decide it's time to finish it off. Someone decided to leave it out (covered) rather than in the fridge as it tastes better at room temperature - which it does. So I cut what's left in to three big chunks, thinking this might help me have some 'interesting' dreams tonight. I'm thinking the cheese has dried out a bit and it probably past it's best as I pop the last of the three pieces into my mouth.

As I pick up the paper wrapper to throw it in the bin I notice some odd looking curly crumbs of cheese left in the wrapper. Closer inspection reveals they are moving! The 'crumbs' are in fact maggots - about fifty of them! I quickly spit out the lump of cheese I've been chewing into the sink - with the cheese in the sink is about 15 still wriggling maggots - not all of them whole! It dawns on me that along with the two chunks of cheese I've just eaten, I've just chewed up and swallowed around 30 maggots.... 

I clean my teeth particularly thoroughly before going to bed - wondering what 'interesting' dreams my cheese intake is going to give me...

No comments:

Post a Comment